The function of the seven-member MainStreet Commission is to create, administer and promote a Main Street (Oak Park Avenue) business development and redevelopment plan to help create an atmosphere in the Village that is conductive for small business growth.
Goals and Objectives
- Make recommendations on façade improvements to the Village Board
- Coordinate community activities with business organization and the Village within the Oak Park Avenue business district
- Make recommendations to the Village Board regarding the necessary infrastructure for commercial development within the business district
- Exercise powers provided under Illinois Business District Development and Redevelopment Act, 65 ILCS 5/11-74.3-1
- Enhance the economic well being and strengthen the commercial sector within the business district
- Promote a unified, quality image that will bring people into the Main Street business district
- Enhance the physical appearance of the district to convey a visual and aesthetically pleasing message about the district
- Help existing businesses to expand, recruit new businesses and refine the competitiveness of the businesses within the district
- All other powers as set forth in ordinances
Meetings are held at 6 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month in the Fulton Conference Center at Tinley Park Village Hall, 16250 S. Oak Park Ave. Agendas, minutes and meeting presentations are posted on the Village website.