Deputy Chief, Fire Prevention
17355 S. 68th Court
Phone: (708) 444-5200
Fax: (708) 444-5299
Mondays through Fridays
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Tinley Park Fire Prevention Bureau exists to provide professional fire, life safety and other related services to the residents, property owners and managers of occupancies within the Village of Tinley Park. It strives to be viewed as a true resource to those property owners seeking to maintain or improve the fire and life safety capabilities of their occupancies.
to read the Tinley Park Fire Prevention Bureau's monthly activity report.
About Our Bureau
- To conduct professional fire and life safety inspections that result in a reduction of hazard to the occupants and the property
- To encourage professional growth of bureau employees; to provide opportunities for career advancement
- To fairly and consistently apply the codes adopted by ordinance
- To generate correspondence and documentation that is professionally written and technically correct; all correspondence is generated within relatively short time frames
- To meet or exceed established operating performance goals
- To provide and promulgate a professional and positive image
- To provide information and resources to property owners and the business community
- To provide technically correct engineering and plan review services
The mission of the Tinley Park Fire Prevention Bureau is to keep Tinley Park fire-safe and in line with the Village’s adopted Fire and Life Safety codes.
In 2012, the Tinley Park Fire Prevention Bureau became
the first local municipal bureau in the nation to achieve fire prevention and life safety department accreditation from the prestigious International Accreditation Service. To learn more about accreditation, see our FAQs
The Fire Prevention Bureau offers the following services to the residents and property owners of Tinley Park:
- Fire and life safety surveys for buildings of all occupancy type (see Occupancy Inspections for more information)
- Fire extinguisher and emergency evacuation training modules
- Key entry box installations
- Plan reviews of automatic sprinklers, fire alarms and new and existing building construction
- Tests of automatic sprinkler, fire alarm and fixed protection systems
- Underground storage tank installation surveys
Eventually, the Tinley Park Fire Prevention Bureau also hopes to offer some of its services online.