The Records Department is responsible for a multitude of services including providing copies of police reports and processing Freedom of Information Act requests. These services are offered 24 hours a day, seven days a week at the Tinley Park Police Department, 7850 W. 183rd St.
Other services include:
- Bicycle registration: Residents can come to the police department to register their bikes and receive a bike sticker indicating that its ownership is registered with the police department. Please bring the bike's serial number, as well as its make and model.
- Commuter parking tokens: Parking tokens for the Metra commuter lot can be purchased at the Tinley Park Police Department in pack of 10 for $15.
- Water bills: Village residents can pay their water bills 24 hours a day, seven days a week at the front desk at the Tinley Park Police Department. Click here for more information.
- Village stickers: Vehicle stickers can be purchased from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at Tinley Park Village Hall, 16250 S. Oak Park Ave.; and 24 hours a day, seven days a week at the Tinley Park Police Department, 7850 W. 183rd St. Click here for more information.
- Parking and compliance tickets: Parking and compliance ticket fines can be paid or protested 24 hours a day, seven days a week at the front desk at the Tinley Park Police Department.
- Evidence pick-up: Evidence or property that has been held for safekeeping can be picked up from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays by appointment, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Fingerprinting: Fingerprinting is performed for Tinley Park residents from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of every month at the police department.
- Taxi cab licensing: Those looking for taxi cab licensing in the Village of Tinley Park should fill out paperwork at Tinley Park Village Hall, 16250 S. Oak Park Ave. After that, drivers can come to the police department from 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays to complete the process.
- Vacation watch: The police department has a vacation watch available. Residents can submit requests for this service at the police station if they are going to be away from their single-family residence for a minimum of five days and a maximum of 21 days.
For additional information on any of the above services, please contact the Tinley Park Police Department's Records Division at (708) 444-5369.