The function of the seven-member MainStreet Commission is to create, administer and promote a Main Street (Oak Park Avenue) business development and redevelopment plan to help create an atmosphere in the Village that is conductive for small business growth.
Goals and Objectives
- Make recommendations on façade improvements to the Village Board
- Coordinate community activities with business organization and the Village within the Oak Park Avenue business district
- Make recommendations to the Village Board regarding the necessary infrastructure for commercial development within the business district
- Exercise powers provided under Illinois Business District Development and Redevelopment Act, 65 ILCS 5/11-74.3-1
- Enhance the economic well being and strengthen the commercial sector within the business district
- Promote a unified, quality image that will bring people into the Main Street business district
- Enhance the physical appearance of the district to convey a visual and aesthetically pleasing message about the district
- Help existing businesses to expand, recruit new businesses and refine the competitiveness of the businesses within the district
- All other powers as set forth in ordinances
Meetings are held at 6 p.m. the third Monday of the month in the Fulton Conference Center at Tinley Park Village Hall, 16250 S. Oak Park Ave.