A 1.83% water rate increase by the City of Chicago took effect June 1, 2017. The new rates will be $6.18 per 1,000 gallons for the first 20,000 gallons and $8.38 per 1,000 gallons for usage of more than 20,000 gallons. There will be no change to the base rates.
- Inside Water Use Meters
- Outside Water Use Meters [Note: Outside use meters are not charged a sewer treatment charge]
For more information on the Village's water rates, read the Utility Rate Change FAQs. To review rates in nearby communities, see the water rate survey chart.
From Jan. 1, 2017 to May 31, 2017, the base rate charge for water is $30.94, plus $6.11 per 1,000 gallons for the first 20,000 gallons and $8.31 per 1,000 gallons for usage of more than 20,000 gallons. From January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2016 the water rates were $6.10 per 1,000 gallons for the first 20,000 gallons and $8.30 per 1,000 gallons for usage of more than 20,000 gallons.
- Water Source and Treatment
- Water Quality Report
- Water Conservation
- Water Main Break Information
- Backflow Preventer Survey
- How to Read Your Utility Bill
- Utility Bill Due Dates
Sewer Collection and Treatment
The sewer base charge is $7.19, plus $1.14 per 1,000 gallons.
- Sanitary Sewers
- Explanation of Sewer Services
- Sewer Treatment Service Areas Map
- Sewer Treatment Rates
- MWRD Ordinance
- 2017 IAW Rate Change notice
- Frankfort Sewer Treatment Rate Change
- Sewer Treatment Rate Chart (Will County)
The stormwater management utility fee is $1.86, plus $0.31 per 1,000 gallons for usage of more than 6,000 gallons. You also can read an explanation of stormwater management fees.
Utility Bill Pay Options
Listed below are the ways in which you can pay your utility bill.
Online Account Access
Online Account Access allows the user to view usage, billing and payment history for the most recent year, as well as set up their own recurring withdrawals from either a checking or savings account, or from a debit or credit card.
- If you're a first-time user, register using the option “New User.”
- If you forgot your user name and password, select “Email Password.”
- Once you are registered, select “Registered Users.”
Once you've become a registered user, you can:
- Make a one-time immediate payment using your VISA/MasterCard or pay via ACH-Check option; use this option if a bill is overdue and you wish immediate payment
- Establish a recurring payment with either a credit card or a withdrawal from your account (this option will automatically pay your utility bill on or up to three days prior to the due date for the current billing); you may also elect to stop automatic payments from this option. Do not use this method for a past due balance.
- Access a summary, usage chart or transaction history. This option provides information regarding your utilities and allows you to compare consumption for any two years. You also can review billing and transaction information.
All payments processed via Online Account Access are immediate. Recurring payments are charged/debited on or up to three days prior to the billing due date; most are effective the date the bill is due. Please note that any changes in recurring accounts should be completed five days prior to the billing due dates, and recurring payments should not be used for past due bills.
All customers will continue to receive a bill. If enrolled in recurring payments, customers will continue to receive a bill noting “Do not Pay."
Residents who experience any issues while processing can contact the Village at firstname.lastname@example.org or read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Residents who do not wish to enroll their account in the recurring payments via the Online Account Access method outlined above above may instead utilize the EZ Pay forms below to enroll, change or terminate recurring payments from their utility account.
Residents who wish to receive their quarterly water bills electronically to their email can sign up to receive their bill electronically. Residents who sign up for this service will no longer receive a paper bill.
Residents also can pay their bills in-person with cash, check or charge card at the following locations. VISA, MasterCard and Discover Card are accepted.
Tinley Park Village Hall
16250 S. Oak Park Ave.
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays
Tinley Park Police Department
7850 W. 183rd St.
Hours: Open 24 hours per day
Residents can mail their payments in the envelope enclosed with their water bills, or they can place their payments in the drop box for water bill payments, which is located in the front of the Village Hall.
Moving or Changing Mailing Address
Residents who are moving and need to close out a utility account MUST call the Tinley Park Public Works Department at (708) 444-5500 to schedule a final reading. Public Works also should be contacted with any change in the billing address or contact information. For more information, email email@example.com or call (708) 444-5500.
Union Drainage Districts
For more information visit the Union Drainage Districts page.
For questions regarding EZ Pay or online payments, call the Village's Finance Department at (708) 444-5000 or send an email by clicking here.