- Bunk room facilities to accommodate constant occupancy of as many as six to eight firefighters
- More privacy for showers and changing
- Upgraded safety and cancer prevention measures for staff that separate them from potentially dangerous equipment
- More storage for gear
- A fitness room
- Direct pathways to apparatus, resulting in quicker access
- A dedicated drive-through so trucks won’t have to back into the garage at 167th Street, which can cause traffic issues
- High-quality, durable furnishings that can withstand constant use for years
Please see the project renderings for more information.
Project Update [August 2019]: Foundation walls are complete. Precast flooring has been set.