- Bunk room facilities to accommodate constant occupancy of as many as six to eight firefighters
- More privacy for showers and changing
- Upgraded safety and cancer prevention measures for staff that separate them from potentially dangerous equipment
- More storage for gear
- A fitness room
- Direct pathways to apparatus, resulting in quicker access
- A dedicated drive-through so trucks won’t have to back into the garage at 167th Street, which can cause traffic issues
- High-quality, durable furnishings that can withstand constant use for years
Please see the project renderings for more information.
Project Update [March 2020]: Painting touch-ups are ongoing. The flooring in the living quarters is complete, and the epoxy in the apparatus bays will be installed the week of May 4. Site work and grading are still ongoing and are subject to the weather. The concrete driveways are complete. Network equipment and station alerting are being installed. An initial punch-list walk-through is scheduled for May 7.