- Bunk room facilities to accommodate constant occupancy of as many as six to eight firefighters
- More privacy for showers and changing
- Upgraded safety and cancer prevention measures for staff that separate them from potentially dangerous equipment
- More storage for gear
- A fitness room
- Direct pathways to apparatus, resulting in quicker access
- A dedicated drive-through so trucks won’t have to back into the garage at 167th Street, which can cause traffic issues
- High-quality, durable furnishings that can withstand constant use for years
Please see the project renderings for more information.
Project Update [June 5, 2019]: Demolition has been completed on the old station, and preliminary groundwork is under way to prepare the site for the new fire station. The recent rain has delayed significant progress on excavations for the basement and parking lot, but the Village is hopeful the area will be workable soon so further progress can be made.