- Bunk room facilities to accommodate constant occupancy of as many as six to eight firefighters
- More privacy for showers and changing
- Upgraded safety and cancer prevention measures for staff that separate them from potentially dangerous equipment
- More storage for gear
- A fitness room
- Direct pathways to apparatus, resulting in quicker access
- A dedicated drive-through so trucks won’t have to back into the garage at 167th Street, which can cause traffic issues
- High-quality, durable furnishings that can withstand constant use for years
Please see the project renderings for more information.
Project Update [January 2020]: The block walls around the apparatus floor and the stud walls around the living quarters are completed, as is the brick veneer and the roofing. Plumbing, HVAC installation and living quarters ceiling drywall continues. The contractor poured the apparatus floor in December 2019. The walls and infrastructure are being constructed, and block walls have been primer-coated. The natural gas meter was installed in December 2019.