Life Amplified

Commercial/Industrial Building Permits

The Building Department would like to make construction of new commercial/industrial, mixed-use or remodeling projects as simple as possible. Plans and a one-page permit application will start the permit process. Listed below is a checklist of plan details for each type of permit the Village may issue, as well as contractor license and bond information.

There are four types of commercial/industrial construction permits the Village may issue:

  • Full
  • Foundation Only (see policy linked below)
  • Shell Only
  • Build-Out/Interior Remodel

Please submit these plans to:

Village of Tinley Park 
Attn: Building Department
16250 S. Oak Park Avenue
Tinley Park, IL 60477

Also required is a Change of Use/Owner permit for businesses acquiring a previously occupied commercial or industrial space, or acquiring an existing business or property. Before a lease or sale is complete, a Change of Use/Owner permit application must be completed and returned to the Building/Planning Department for review to ensure the basic zoning criteria has been met, and an inspection will be performed to make sure the space is up to current code. A certificate of occupancy and business license cannot be issued until this process is completed. The application fee is $50.

Additional Resources

Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by HEADER in Ascending Order within category

Applications13 documents

  • Certificate of Occupancy
    document Header Certificate of Occupancy
  • Change of Contractor
    document Header Change of Contractor
  • Commercial / Industrial Permit
    document Header Commercial / Industrial Permit
  • Contractor License
    document Header Contractor License
  • Easement Checklist
    document Header Easement Checklist
  • Erosion Control Site Grading Permit
    document Header Erosion Control Site Grading Permit
  • Fire Alarm Permit
    document Header Fire Alarm Permit
  • Fire Protection Permit
    document Header Fire Protection Permit
  • Permanent Sign Permit
    document Header Permanent Sign Permit
  • Public Right-of-Way Easement
    document Header Public Right-of-Way Easement
  • Temporary Sign Permit
    document Header Temporary Sign Permit
  • Tent Permit Application
    document Header Tent Permit Application
  • Tinley Small Cell Permit Application
    document Header Tinley Small Cell Permit Application

Permit Processes6 documents

  • Build-Out/Interior Remodel
    document Header Build-Out/Interior Remodel
  • Change of Use/Owner Application
    document Header Change of Use/Owner Application
  • Foundation Only
    document Header Foundation Only
  • Foundation Only Policy Commerical
    document Header Foundation Only Policy Commerical
  • Full Permit Application Process
    document Header Full Permit Application Process
  • Shell Only
    document Header Shell Only