The Village has implemented a Short-Term Rental License that requires all property owners who wish to rent space within their residence (e.g., AirBnB) to be registered with the Village. In order to be eligible, property owners must meet several requirements, including:
- The short-term rental must be the owner’s primary residence
- The property must be inspected to ensure minimum life safety issues are addressed
- The owner must maintain a general liability insurance policy of $1 million
- There must not be more than one rental at a specific location for a year, beginning when the license is issued
- Short term rentals are only permitted when separated 500 feet from another short-term rental
- Short term rentals in a multi-family cannot exceed 25% of the total number of units.
- There is a license fee of $50
See below for related documents, including the license.
Short-Term Rental License