If you would like to sign up to receive not only the Tinley Park Messenger but also other general and emergency notifications, you will need to set up a managed account with our CodeRED system. To sign up, please follow the below steps.
- Visit the CodeRED website and make sure “YES, I would like to create a managed account” is selected.
- Create a Username and then type in a Password (you will need to type the latter in twice to confirm), then click the blue “Continue” button.
- On the next screen, type in your first and last names, as well as your full address, in the boxes provided. You can also select if your address is residential or business, and select the address name (home, second home, other, work 1 and work 2) from a dropdown menu.
- Type in your Phone Number in the box provided. If you want to receive text message alerts, this number needs to be a device that can receive texts (home landlines, for example, cannot). If you want to receive texts, select your Mobile Provider in the corresponding dropdown box and make sure the “Send text messages” box is checked. NOTE: If you are hearing impaired, be sure to check the “TDD/TTY” box.
- Check which notifications you want to receive. You will automatically receive Emergency Notifications (this box cannot be unchecked), but you may select “General Notifications,” as well as texts for tornados, severe thunderstorms and flash floods.
- If you want to receive alerts via email, click the blue “+Add Email” button and then type in your email address (you will need to do this twice to confirm).
- If you would like to sign up to receive the new Tinley Park Messenger, be sure to click “Tinley Park Messenger” beneath the Additional Notification field.
- After you’ve read the terms and conditions, click “I have read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions” and then the “Verify information” button at the bottom.
- If there are any errors, a box will appear letting you know what they are so you can correct them. If there aren’t any errors, click the “submit” to complete signup. If the system can’t find your address, a map will appear. Drag the little dot to the nearest place that corresponds to your address to fix this issue.