Life Amplified

Animal Control

The Tinley Park Police Department handles certain animal control issues. For more information, please contact Animal Control Officer Karen Schutt at (708) 444-5300 or

Tularemia and Rabbits
Read a list of frequently asked questions regarding the Tularemia virus and how to safely remove dead wildlife from your property.

Nuisance Wildlife
Requests for trapping nuisance wildlife will be handled on a case by case basis.  Trapping will be outsourced to a private company.  If you  have a an animal complaint, please call the Tinley Park Police Department's non-emergency number at (708) 532-9111. The Tinley Park Police Department does not handle trapping of animals inside of private property. 

Lost Pets
Residents who have lost pets can call the Tinley Park Police Department's non-emergency number at (708) 532-9111 to leave a description of the pet, as well as contact information for the owner. Residents who have missing pets should always call P.A.W.S. at (815) 464-7298 during its normal operating hours to report the pet missing. Residents who have found a pet should call the non-emergency police number listed above to add the pet to the found list.

Cook County (outside Village borders)
Residents who need assistance with a domestic animal such as a dog or a cat must call Cook County Animal Services at (708) 974-6140 for assistance. Cook County Animal Services can help with issues such as stray dogs, stray cats, vaccinations, licenses, pet adoption, lost pets and more. No county in Illinois will assist with wildlife control situations, and there is no free Chicagoland animal control service for wildlife.

Will County (outside Village borders)
The Will County Animal Control Department provides a comprehensive Animal Control Program for county residents. A staff of animal control officers responds to complaints regarding bites to humans caused by animals. The officers also respond to animal control complaints received from residents living in the unincorporated areas of Will County who are not served by other local animal control programs.

Will County Animal Control does not handle nuisance wildlife. Residents who have a problem with nuisance wildlife can call a private trapper (See Yellow Pages under “Animal Relocation”). For other assistance with wildlife or to get a license to trap wildlife, contact the Department of Natural Resources (815) 476-2523. The Animal Control Program maintains a 24-hour answering service and emergency pick-up for injured animals and stray biters.

Will County Animal Control:
1200 S. Cedar Road
New Lenox, IL 60451
Phone: (815) 462-5633
Fax: (815) 462-5630