Information on the Village's Sensus Center is available on Public Works Department section of the Village website.
A water rate increase due to the City of Chicago increasing its water supply cost takes effect June 1, 2019. The new water rate is $6.28 per 1,000 gallons for the first 20,000 gallons and $8.48 per 1,000 gallons for usage of more than 20,000 gallons. There will be no change to the base rates or to the sewer and storm rates.
- Inside Water Use Meters
- Outside Water Use Meters [Note: Outside use meters are not charged a sewer treatment charge]
For more information on the Village's water rates, read the Utility Rate Change FAQs.
Prior Water Rates
From January 1, 2019 to May 31, 2019, the water rates were $6.25 per 1,000 gallons for the first 20,000 gallons and $8.45 per 1,000 gallons for usage of more than 20,000 gallons.
From June 1, 2018 through January 1, 2019, the water rates were $6.24 per 1,000 gallons for the first 20,000 gallons and $8.44 per 1,000 gallons for usage of more than 20,000 gallons.
From June 1, 2017 to May 31, 2018, water rate was $6.18 per 1,000 gallons for the first 20,000 gallons and $8.38 per 1,000 gallons for usage of more than 20,000 gallons.
- Ordinance 2019-O-032 (Water meter amendments)
- Water Source and Treatment
- Water Quality Report
- Water Conservation
- Water Main Break Information
- Backflow Preventer Survey
- How to Read Your Utility Bill
- Utility Bill Due Dates
Sewer Collection and Treatment
The sewer collection and transmission base charge is $7.19, plus $1.14 per 1,000 gallons.
- Sanitary Sewers
- Explanation of Sewer Services
- Sewer Treatment Service Areas Map
- Sewer Treatment Rates
- 2017 IAW Rate Change notice
- Illinois American Water press release: 2017 rate change
- IAW Frequently Asked Questions
- Frankfort Sewer Treatment Rate Change notice – March 2016
The stormwater management utility fee is $1.86, plus $0.31 per 1,000 gallons for usage of more than 6,000 gallons. You also can read an explanation of stormwater management fees.
Utility Bill Pay Options
Listed below are the ways in which you can pay your utility bill.
NOTE: The Village has become aware that some residents are experiencing an issue with the online bill payment portion of the Village website. The Google Chrome Internet browser may indicate the Village payment site is not secure and does not allow you to proceed. Google recently sent out an update to their browser that is causing many secure sites to appear as if they are not. The Village website is secured, and staff is working to change the secure site certificate to accommodate the changes made by Google. In the meantime, if citizens utilize Internet Explorer as their browser, they can securely make payments. The Village will place a notification on this page when the changes have been completed and verified.
Online Account Access
Online Account Access allows the user to view usage, billing and payment history for the most recent year, as well as set up their own recurring withdrawals from either a checking or savings account, or from a debit or credit card.
- If you're a first-time user, register using the option “New User.”
- If you forgot your user name and password, select “Email Password.”
- Once you are registered, select “Registered Users.”
Once you've become a registered user, you can:
- Make a one-time immediate payment using your VISA/MasterCard or pay via ACH-Check option; use this option if a bill is overdue and you wish immediate payment
- Establish a recurring payment with either a credit card or a withdrawal from your account (this option will automatically pay your utility bill on or up to three days prior to the due date for the current billing); you may also elect to stop automatic payments from this option. Do not use this method for a past due balance.
- Access a summary, usage chart or transaction history. This option provides information regarding your utilities and allows you to compare consumption for any two years. You also can review billing and transaction information.
All payments processed via Online Account Access are immediate. Recurring payments are charged/debited on or up to three days prior to the billing due date; most are effective the date the bill is due. Please note that any changes in recurring accounts should be completed five days prior to the billing due dates, and recurring payments should not be used for past due bills.
All customers will continue to receive a bill. If enrolled in recurring payments, customers will continue to receive a bill noting “Do not Pay."
Residents who experience any issues while processing can contact the Village at firstname.lastname@example.org or read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Read this flyer for more information on utility billing and enrollment for autopay.
Residents who do not wish to enroll their account in the recurring payments via the Online Account Access method outlined above above may instead utilize the EZ Pay forms below to enroll, change or terminate recurring payments from their utility account.
Residents who wish to receive their quarterly water bills electronically to their email can sign up to receive their bill electronically. Residents who sign up for this service will no longer receive a paper bill.
Residents also can pay their bills in-person with cash, check or charge card at the following locations. VISA, MasterCard and Discover Card are accepted.
Tinley Park Village Hall
16250 S. Oak Park Ave.
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Tinley Park Police Department
7850 W. 183rd St.
Hours: Open 24 hours per day
Residents can mail their payments in the envelope enclosed with their water bills, or they can place their payments in the drop box for water bill payments, which is located in the front of the Village Hall.
Moving or Changing Mailing Address
Residents who are moving and need to close out a utility account MUST call the Tinley Park Public Works Department at (708) 444-5500 to schedule a final reading. Public Works also should be contacted with any change in the billing address or contact information. For more information, email email@example.com or call (708) 444-5500.
Union Drainage Districts
For more information visit the Union Drainage Districts page.
For questions regarding EZ Pay or online payments, call the Village's Finance Department at (708) 444-5000 or send an email by clicking here.