Resident Resources

Whether you're a new resident of Tinley Park or have lived here all your life, you'll find a wealth of information on this page about the town and the services it provides.

Common Questions

Clerk's Office
The Village Clerk’s Office is the custodian of the Village seal and keeper of Village records. Phone: (708) 444-5000

Concert in the ParkBusiness Licenses
If you have a business in Tinley Park, make sure you have the required business license. Business licenses are issued on a calendar-year basis and must be renewed by Jan. 31 of each year. 
Dog Licenses
Make sure you get a license for your canine companion! Dog licenses are available for $3 at Village Hall and are valid from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. 
Parking Permits
Get your parking permits for the Oak Park Avenue train station commuter lot. Permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. 
Vehicle Stickers
If you own a car and it’s registered in Tinley Park, you’ll also need a sticker on your windshield. Vehicle stickers are valid from May 1 to April 30 and go on sale April 1.

Voter Registration
Register to vote right at Village Hall! Remember to bring two pieces of identification. Neither needs to be a photo ID, but one must include your current address.

Community Development
The Community Development Department encompasses all economic development, planning and building activities in the Village of Tinley Park. Anything being built or rebuilt in the Village will interact with Community Development staff. Phone: (708) 444-5100
SwimmersHealth and Consumer Protection
The Health and Consumer Protection Division is responsible for providing regulatory inspections and enforcement of all ordinances, rules and regulations of the Village of Tinley Park as related to consumer protection and public health. 
Planning Permits
The Tinley Park Planning Department utilizes a variety of forms and documents.

Building Permits
Whether you’ve just built a new home or moved into an older home, the day may come when you desire to add to or improve your property. When you do, you'll want to be armed with information on residential building permits.
Fire Department
The Tinley Park Fire Department provides fire prevention and suppression services to Tinley Park residents. Phone: (708) 444-5200

The Tinley Park Marketing Department is responsible for Village communications, special events, community engagement, tourism and more. Phone: (708) 444-5000
The Village’s rebranding effort seeks to transform Tinley Park into an Illinois music mecca through the enhancement of its existing assets, such as the Hollywood Casino Amphitheater and its award-winning school bands, and through the addition of several new features such as a new downtown plaza and a dedicated indoor music facility.

Community Email
Subscribe to the Village’s Community Email and begin receiving weekly emails containing the latest news about Tinley Park, as well as updates on construction projects, information on special events and more. 

Social Media
Follow the Village on Twitter. Instagram or Facebook
Special Events
Whatever the season, there's always something to do in Tinley Park. The Village and participating sponsors host an annual series of popular, family-friendly events that are enjoyed by residents and visitors alike.

Police Department
The Tinley Park Police Department serves Tinley Park residents through professional law enforcement services. Phone: 911 (emergency) or (708) 444-5300 (nonemergency)
Tinley Promotion - 10Child Safety Seats
Child passenger safety technicians are available to check child safety seats for Tinley Park residents only to verify that they are properly installed. Inspections are by appointment only and can be made by calling (708) 444-5326.  

Noise Ordinance
Please keep in mind that it is against Village ordinance to conduct any building operations (construction, repair, reconstruction or maintenance) or property maintenance work (such as landscaping and landscaping maintenance work) which involves loud equipment from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. within 300 feet of residences. See Section 98.02 (M) for more information.

Overnight Parking
Remember to take your car off the street from 2 to 5 a.m., as street parking is prohibited during those times. Residents can request certain exceptions by calling (708) 532-9111. 
Radar Loan Program
The Tinley Park Police Department offers a radar loan program that allows residents to borrow a professional radar device in order to identify potential speeding issues in their neighborhood.
Public Works
The Public Works Department maintains the Village’s infrastructure. Phone: (708) 444-5500
Cruise NightSnow Removal
The Public Works Department begins snow removal after an accumulation of one inch of snow. Visit the snow plan and response page for more information, including a jurisdictional map of which streets are plowed by the various governmental agencies. 
Street Maintenance
The Public Works Department conducts pavement repairs from April to September; sidewalk replacements and mudjacking from May to October; street sweeping from late March to early November; and trimming, removing and planting trees from late fall to early spring. 

Water Billing
Water and sewer bills can be paid at Village Hall, 16250 S. Oak Park Ave., Tinley Park, or online. Tinley Park is on a quarterly billing system. Residents receive a water bill every three months, and the net amount is due within 25 days (20 days for billing dates prior to April 1, 2016).
Other Resources
See the below information for other services available to residents.
Garbage and Recycling
Garbage removal and curbside recycling service for all single-family homes is contracted to Nuway/Tinley Park Disposal through the Village. Contact Nuway/Tinley Park Disposal at (708) 532-8787 with questions. Multi-family housing developments are privately contracted. 

Home Energy Assessment
ComEd customers have opportunities to reduce energy usage with a free Home Energy Assessment that includes free and discounted products for their homes.

Disaster Assistance
Businesses and private nonprofit organizations of any size that were affected by the severe storms and flooding from Feb. 14 through March 4, 2018 may borrow as much as $2 million to repair or replace disaster-damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other business assets. Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via the U.S. Small Business Administration’s secure website at
Utilities and Cable Service
Contact the below service providers for more information.

Chamber of Commerce
The Tinley Park Chamber of Commerce is committed to bringing innovative opportunities to business and community to create a strong economy.